Ophthalmology & Optometry/Horizontal red line and raised area of eye

I have had a horizontal red line across my right eye for nearly two weeks.  It doesn't seem to go away with eye drops.  Today, I noticed that a small portion of my eyeball next to the pupil seems to be slightly raised.  My eye itself is slightly irritated. Not painful.  I wear contacts, but did not wear one in this eye today and plan to not wear one in it until the symptoms subside.  Any ideas of what could cause this?

Without a photo of you eye it is difficult to tell you what it is.  Some of the possibilities are that you have a conjunctival or scleral  varicosity, a pinguecula, a pterygium, all of which can become inflamed causing discomfort, redness, swelling, soreness, burning, itching, tearing etc,  if this doesn't disappear after not wearing your contacts after a few days, see your eye doctor for definitive diagnosis and treatment of your condition

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry