Ophthalmology & Optometry/Squint (Strabismus) Eye Defect.

Dear Dr Anand‎

Can donated eye/s from a eye donor help in treating squint in later stages of life for a patient suffering from squint eye defect ?. i.e. Replacing the defected eye/s with the eyes donated from eye donor surgery ?.

Can there be success rate with patients suffering from squint
defect after doing surgery getting eye/s from eye banks / hospitals ?.  

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Dear Prashant,

Donated eyes only help in corneal diseases. Squint is a condition where there is an alignment issue within the muscles. This needs to be corrected at an early age for optimal results. In adults squint treatment involves surgery, only when it has benefits or an aesthetic valuse.

I assume that your primary question is related to squint?
Then, this has nothing to do with eye donation.

However, the converse can be true...which is Can a person with squint donate their eyes? answer is Yes!

Please read more about squint on

Dr Shroff

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I can answer any question on eye care, expertise in Laser eye surgery, LASIK, Epi LASIK, cataract, glaucoma, keratoconus- corneal collagen crosslinking.

OF LASIK, we are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures. I train doctors worldwide for these wavefront procedures, our centre is the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see and