Ophthalmology & Optometry/Glaucoma

Question
How is glaucoma diagnosed & treated in highly myopic people? Do high myopic people have greater chance of going blind from glaucoma as they age, if the disease is detected at a young age?

Answer
Dear prashant,
There are several ways to diagnose glaucoma such as checking intra ocular pressure,retinal examination of for cupping or enlargement of optic disc. Visual field test   ect.
High myopic are more prone to develop visual field defects but if glaucoma is detected early and proper treatment given  it can be controlled to a great extent.
Mr prashant it would be better if you consult a glaucoma specialist for more clarification on this subject

Regards
Optom.Amit Sharma

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Optom. Amit Sharma