Ophthalmology & Optometry/Deafness Defect Detection in Sonography Tests.

Dear Dr Anand

Can Sonography tests detect Full or Partial Deafness in Fetus ?.

If Not, Is it possible in future to design and develop Modern Sophisticated State of the Art ultrasonography Machines which can detect Full or Partial Deafness in a Fetus ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Dear Prtashant,

Deafness is a diagnosis after birth. Unless there are gross physical defects associated with it, one cannot make a confirmation until after birth.

Also, please address the ear queries to an ENT specialist as my specialty is limited to that of the eyes.

Dr Shroff

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I can answer any question on eye care, expertise in Laser eye surgery, LASIK, Epi LASIK, cataract, glaucoma, keratoconus- corneal collagen crosslinking.

OF LASIK, we are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures. I train doctors worldwide for these wavefront procedures, our centre is the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see and