Ophthalmology & Optometry/Lasik and ICL and cosmetic appearance

Question
Sir, I have slight myopia in my left eye (-5)and high amblyopia in my right eye...Doctors at New Delhi suggested lasik in left eye and implantable collamer lens (icl) in right eye (half correction. When they reviewed my both eyes, the told me neither of the eyes were fit for their respective treatments and said your retina needs to be sealed with laser barrage which i have undergone and i am waiting for the lasik and icl appointment which need to be done after 3 weeks post barrage laser.....my queries are....
1. have doctors lied to me for money or can an ineligible candidate become eligible after laser barrage
2. does any of the procedures change your external appearance of eyes
3. should i feel uncomfortable in my eyes after these surgeries
4. which one should i go for 1st and the minimum gap between the two
5.If i dont go for these surgeries....has laser barrage already benefited me somehow...
any other suggestions.....I will be delighted to be replied back

Answer
I find it hard to believe doctors in New Delhi would lie to their patients for monetary gain  If so this unethical behavior is unacceptable and you should choose another doctor. Secondly, the procedure does not charge the outward appearance of the eyes. Thirdly, after procedures , there always is a healing time which is usually a week or so but you should be quite comfortable . Go with the opinions of the surgeons and please understand that retinal laser surgery is done in cases of tears or detachment of the retina and to prevent loss of vision.  Good luck.   Dr Berger  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

DR. KENNETH BERGER