Ophthalmology & Optometry/CRVO

My niece who is 18 c/o blurred vision on Monday. She went to eye dr.and retinal dr. who dx her with CRVO.Don't know if it is ischemic on nonischemic. Needless to say they said they have never seen this in someone her age. She can only make out a few letters on chart. No history of clotting issues in the family but her father had MI at 42. She does not have high blood pressure ,healthy , not on birth control . They say all she can do is wait n see if she gets any vision back. My sister is beside herself worried it can happen again or in other eye. Noone has any answers and say there is no treatment. They are running all sorts of blood tests and clotting factors. Is there anything at all we can do besides pray for her??? supplements??

thank you so much,

She is rather Young for a central retinal vein occlusion . if there is irreparable vision damaged as a result then
there's usually a poor outcome especially if the vision doesn't return within 1 to 2 months. but there's always hope . keep checking with a retina specialist on a regular basis to see if they're are any breakthroughs.  Good

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry