Ophthalmology & Optometry/Problem of Glaucoma & Cataract.

My Name is Praduman Singh. My age is 28 yrs & I belong to India.Twenty years ago I had inflammation in pars plana of both eyes. I was treated with    steoriods  for one & half year.Problem of inflammation was recovered at that time but cataract was developed in my both eyes at that time. For 18yrs I spent time  using specticals & was not feeling any problem.Last year during regular eye check up doctors found that IOP in both eyes is exceeding level of  30. At present I am using Alphagan(Brimonidine tartarate), Dorzox T( Dorzolamide & Timolol melate ) & Betagan but still my IOP fluctuates around 20. My OCT & VFA are Ok.There is no any significant change but I want to reduce the reqquirement of medicines since it is very difficult to maintain the timings in my busy schedule.    I have yet not operated for cataract.  Somebody has told me about that i should undergo cataract surgery. It will also reduce my IOP. I want to know one thing. Is it true that after having cataract surgery, trabeculetomy surgery is unlikey to give the desired result Or its just a myth?

Ask your eye doctor if you're a candidate for laser PI ( peripheral iriidotomy) or ALT.   If not trebeculoplasty may be an option.  Discuss with a glaucoma specialist.  If your cataracts are visually significant you can get them replaced with IOLS. ( intraocular lens implants)

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry