Ophthalmology & Optometry/PVD

Question
I was diagnosed with PVD almost 2 years ago & it still has not resolved. I still have a large floater & a significant blurry spot that is interfering with seeing my computer screen. Do you think that I should see a specialist? Thank you

Answer
Kernite currently there is no treatment for a PPT however the vitreous floaters that ensue can be annoying .in most cases patients can live with that with minimal annoyance .in severe cases where  they affect the quality of life and vision ,laser treatment  called vitreolysis,can be performed to obliterate those floaters, in very very severe cases ,although higher in risk , a vitrectomy can be performed,where the entire vitreous in the eye is replaced with saline solution

Ophthalmology & Optometry

DR. KENNETH BERGER