Ophthalmology & Optometry/PVD


I was diagnosed with PVD almost 2 years ago & it still has not resolved. I still have a large floater & a significant blurry spot that is interfering with seeing my computer screen. Do you think that I should see a specialist? Thank you

Kernite currently there is no treatment for a PPT however the vitreous floaters that ensue can be annoying .in most cases patients can live with that with minimal annoyance .in severe cases where  they affect the quality of life and vision ,laser treatment  called vitreolysis,can be performed to obliterate those floaters, in very very severe cases ,although higher in risk , a vitrectomy can be performed,where the entire vitreous in the eye is replaced with saline solution

Ophthalmology & Optometry

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.


36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Awards and Honors
Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry

©2017 About.com. All rights reserved.