Ophthalmology & Optometry/Quality glasses

I am looking for quality non-prescription sunglasses and purchased two pairs of Panama Jack sunglasses at Walmart for $15 each and they both broke in a matter of 3 months. First of the two in the first week. They were so incredibly flimsy. I purchased a $10 pair from a tshirt store that lasted a whole year. What brands should I look into for durability? I am frustrated with how poorly made some of them are.

The truth of the matter that department stores and discount stores usually sell inferior and poor quality sunglasses . your best bet however is to go to a reputable optical store and get a UV protected polarized sunglasses of good quality you will pay more than $10 but Youll get quality

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry