Ophthalmology & Optometry/Vision After NA Glaucoma surgery

Question
Dear Sir,
My wife at 68,underwent NAglaucoma surgery & subsequently Phaco for cataracts in 2006/7.

Her vision is little deteriorated,due to optic nerve damage, as Diagnosis was dealyed for an year.With grace of GOD,she is able to carry her routine work,including cooking.
She is using progressive lens with antiglare coating.
Somehow,if she goes out in bright Sun,she sees everything violet and while for short while,she finds everything green.
But when she uses powered Ray Ban-Sunglasses,her vision is normal.
Her RE IOP remains 6/7mm.Hg and LE IOP is controlled at 13/14mm Hg instiling Travan drop at night.
Sir,my question is whether it has to do with change in power? &/or
any defect arises on account of time lapse of almost 10years after her Glaucoma surgery performed in 2005,using conventional Trabeculectomy with mitomycin-c.
Her IOP is regularly monitored every 2/3 months.
I shall be obliged having your opinion as she has anxiety of losing vision on further ageing.Please be rest assured-Your comment will be kept confidential.
GOD bless you,Sir.
with warm regards,"

Answer
Dear Anil,
The bleb due to mitomycin, is probably the reason for the low IOP in the right eye.
There is no thumb rule in Glaucoma and all that happens, occurs individually, and one needs regular exams to be on top of things.

So long as your eye specialist is doing a thorough examination every 3-4 months, I think you need not worry.

Best
Anand

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS