Ophthalmology & Optometry/Different colored eyes

Question
Eyes
Eyes  
Hello!
I've always considered myself to have amber eyes (I'm 19 now). Recently, however, I've noticed that one eye appears to be a different, more hazel-y/greenish color than the other (photo attached). At first I thought maybe I was just seeing things (no pun intended), but then other people around me have said that they, too, can see a discrepancy in color (and it shows up particularly strongly in grainy photographs, for some reason), so it would seem that isn't just a trick of the light or anything like that. Can you, as a professional, see a difference in color? Do I have different colored eyes and, if so, what does that mean?
Thank you!
Maddi

P.S. The photo was taken directly under bright light, so there shouldn't be shadows or anything affecting color.

Answer
Maddi,
Thanks for the question, and the picture.  Your eyes are a slightly different color, it would appear that there's more brown pigment in the iris stroma of the right eye - the left eye doesn't have as much brown pigment, so more of a green/hazel color is what comes through.  It's not unusual at all to see differences in color between your eyes.  Eyes can change slightly with hormones and age, so it wouldn't be unheard of to have them change a bit.  
If you're concerned, go see an eye doctor.  You can bring some old photos that show how your eyes used to look, and make sure there's not a reason for the iris color change.  Things like iris melanomas and more sinister/serious things are very rare, and normally present very differently.
Here's a link to an eye color infographic if you want more info...
http://www.blacksburgeye.com/what-your-eye-color-says/

Good Luck!
Dr.D

Ophthalmology & Optometry

John M. Dovie, OD, FAAO