Ophthalmology & Optometry/Heterochromia?

For most of my life (I am 19 years of age), I've considered myself to have amber eyes. However, I've recently noticed that one eye appears to be a different, more hazel-y/greenish color than the other (photo attached). It's not a huge difference, but other people have said that they, too, can see a discrepancy in color. I googled 'different colored eyes' and learned that there is something called heterochromia- is this what is making my eyes seem to be different colors/do I have this condition? Or am I just seeing things (no pun intended)?
Thank you!

P.S. The photo was taken directly under light, so there shouldn't be shadows or anything affecting color.

Dear Maddie in most cases different colored irises are normal and heterochromia can be the cause of certain ailments or associated with certain conditions .you need to get a dilated fundus exam by an ophthalmologist or optometrist to rule that out -otherwise if it's normal don't worry about it . and if you're self-conscious about it you can always get contact lenses to match the color of the eyes.   Good luck.  By the way. Your pictures  are excellent  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry