Ophthalmology & Optometry/Post Operational Problem in Cataract Surgery

Respected Sir,
         My  elder brother had undergone CATARACT SURGERY IN RIGHT EYE BY PHACO,but developed some problem in Retina like a sudden increase in  floaters.Actually this thing happen in 2-3% unfortunate cases as per Eye Institute),although there may not be any problem in operation.He has also some cataract problem in the other eye.Here the Doctors have different views.As the already operated eye is still not normal and is being attended some are opining to postpone the operation till the operated eye is normal,while others are suggesting to go for the operation in the other eye.
  My question is that as the other eye is still not in risky stage whether INORDINATE DELAY /WITHHOLDING OPERATION may cause more trouble.How long should we wait?

Dear Kalyan,

This is a question that only the examining surgeon can answer- whether you should do the cataract surgery now, or it can wait.
The thing is that a cataract definitely needs treatment when it starts to interfere with vision and daily routine. The treatment for cataract is only surgery.
Depending on the extent of cataract and how much your brother can see, the decision of 'when to do the surgery' is planned.

Please speak to your treating surgeon regarding the same.

Dr Anand Shroff

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I can answer any question on eye care, expertise in Laser eye surgery, LASIK, Epi LASIK, cataract, glaucoma, keratoconus- corneal collagen crosslinking.

OF LASIK, we are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures. I train doctors worldwide for these wavefront procedures, our centre is the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see and