Ophthalmology & Optometry/Black dot on tear duct

For the past 5 months I have a black dot on my left tear duct , Im worried about what it is , so I've look up about it
And most of my answers are that it's a blocked tear duct ( how ever it isn't blocked at all) , also my other answer was that it was a cancer 'melanoma ' , so it worry a me even more since I'm only 15 an have my whole life ahead of
Me still.

Also since I've had it my hair has been moulting more that usual , getting more eye/normal head aches and my sleep gets caught behind it .could it be from stress , over usage of makeup or still cancerous ?

Hi Jorgia,
It would be highly unusual for you to have a melanoma but the truth is it isn't impossible and there are other possibilities.  Because we always think the worst and worry, and because it is rare but not impossible, you need see an ophthalmologist or perhaps a dermatologist to be examined and diagnosed.  Only then can you relax and be reassured and if needed treated.  Probably it isn't anything so bad, but of course it has to be examined.
Thank you for asking,
Mitch Axelrod, OD  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Mitchell Axelrod

I'm happy to answer questions about eye exam findings and procedures, glasses and contact lens types/prescriptions/problems. I can also answer questions about general eye conditions/diseases. I do not answer questions concerning surgical techniques/procedures. Please state your age or within a small range when asking questions, as it is often important.

Optometrist 19 yrs.

Doctor of Optometry, cum laude; Residency in Ocular Disease