Ophthalmology & Optometry/Narrow Angle Glaucoma

Dear Sir,

I am sorry as I didn't mention that my previous question was in reference to my wife of 69.She had undergone Trabeculactomy surgery in BEs in2004/5.subsequently also cataracts' surgery in done in 2006/7end.
She has overfiltration in RE resulting into low IOP of 5/6mmHg.LE IOP is contolled using Travatan once at night around 14/15mmhg
Her IOP is periodically monitored but she does face frequent watering/pain more in RE.
Our Surgeon performed autologus blood injection in May-2012,in view of chronic sign & thus safeguard against any likely oozing of thin bleb in RE.
She was quite comfortable but does has some polon allergy in jan/Feb.this year.Her RE remains puffy & little watery.
To combat against any infection,our surgeon is extra careful.
As I aksed whether any progression can lead to macular degeneration & what would be likely symptoms so as to have some remedy & same can be detected in OCT.Our surgeon didn't insist monitoring her eyes.
Would you envisage vision loss in long run,if such recuorance continues.
Sorry to bother you,as by mistake I just sent you previous question  without informing you about history.
I may be excused & you may kindly respond on reviewing both questions together.
GOD bless you for your valuable advice,as I do appreciate without examining her eyes,it is somewhat difficult.I hope,I have elaborated her case with full details,now!!!
With kindest regards,

Dear Mr  Desai,
Sorry for the delay in reply. The retina is the place affected by macular degeneration and this is separate from the glaucoma. Yes, one thing is certain, that given her ocular history, she should be examined every 6-8 months.
OCT gives a good idea regarding the retina, but is not necessary if her retinal examination is done and there is no issue found.
Progression of glaucoma affects the optic nerve and that vision loss is not reversible. More than just OCT, Visual Fields need to be monitored as well.
Hope this helps,
Dr Shroff

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I can answer any question on eye care, expertise in Laser eye surgery, LASIK, Epi LASIK, cataract, glaucoma, keratoconus- corneal collagen crosslinking.

OF LASIK, we are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures. I train doctors worldwide for these wavefront procedures, our centre is the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see http://www.shroffeye.org and www.lasikindia.in