Ophthalmology & Optometry/Red spider vein on upper eyelid.

I have a noticeable red spider vein on my left upper eyelid & a couple of not so noticle red spider veins on my right upper eyelid. My question is, is that normal part of aging? I'am 58 years old. I'am not looking for any type of laser treatment, I just want to verify that it is nothing serious. I'am not in any type of pain. Please advise.

I'am also seeing my eye doctor next week.

Dear Marie,
Please do not worry about the appearance of such fine lines / veins. yes, it is a part of aging of the skin and very little one can do about it.
As we age the skin gets more translucent and hence these veins appear prominent.

Some cosmetic anti aging skin creams may help.

However, to answer your main question if it is dangerous- no it is not.

Best regards,
Hope this helps,

Dr Anand Shroff

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I can answer any question on eye care, expertise in Laser eye surgery, LASIK, Epi LASIK, cataract, glaucoma, keratoconus- corneal collagen crosslinking.

OF LASIK, we are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures. I train doctors worldwide for these wavefront procedures, our centre is the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see and