Ophthalmology & Optometry/borderline macular degeneration

Question
  I am 61 and my vision went cloudy and I went to the eye doctor and I have cataracts that need out.  But the doctor also said I have borderline macular degeneration.  I know the macular degeneration is bad but what does he mean by "borderline".  Does that mean it may not ever happen or is there something to stop it from happening?

Answer
Dear Don,

May be according to your doctor the macular degeneration has just begin in your eyes , Macular degeneration generally starts after the age of 55-60 and is incurable, though some multivitamin tablets for eyes are usually prescribed for AMD, You may consult your eye doctor in this regard.

Optom.Amit Sharma

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Optom. Amit Sharma