Ophthalmology & Optometry/discoloration by the nose bas and close to the eye lid

it looks like I have smudged purple eye shadow by the eye,and nose in the that from allergys or sinus problems,both of which I have? this just started.i am 50 year old female...

Dear Nikki,

yes, this could be due to some skin damage, either age related or due to allergies and sinusitis.

Unfortunately, this is a cosmetic issue, and some skin creams or skin lightening treatments help, but most often cannot completely eliminate it if really severe.

Take an opinion from a skin cosmetology centre locally, and see what they recommend.

Dr Shroff

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I can answer any question on eye care, expertise in Laser eye surgery, LASIK, Epi LASIK, cataract, glaucoma, keratoconus- corneal collagen crosslinking.

OF LASIK, we are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures. I train doctors worldwide for these wavefront procedures, our centre is the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see and