Ophthalmology & Optometry/Eye Pain With New Glasses

Question
Hello Dr. Amit Sharma, I recently got new glasses and they are making my eyes feel sore/stinging after some hours of wearing them. They do not fit tight and I have had them adjusted perfectly. The prescription is also the same it has always been. The only difference is I use to wear Silhouette Rimless glasses which are very light and the new glasses are the plastic Rayban frames. I'm thinking that I'm not use to the slightly more heavy frames but my face does not hurt it is only the eyes. Do you have any idea what the problem could be. Thanks for your time.

Answer
Dear Arnold,

Spectacle frames do play a big role in wearing comfort. Your earlier glasses as mentioned were very light and free of any obstruction on the periphery as they were rimless, and now switching to a rimmed frame that to thick plastic does causes discomfort in the beginning, so try to get use to these. But centration of optical lenses or change of base curve too causes lot of discomfort , so get your glasses checked for centration and make sure that they are make on the same base curvature as the earlier ones.

Regards
Optome.Amit Sharma

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Optom. Amit Sharma