Ophthalmology & Optometry/opinion on optic nerve damage

Question
Hello Dr.,
Im a 28-year-old male from bangalore. I recently undervent lensectomy plus vitrectomy for both eyes as I had lens subluxation and angle closure. By grace of almighty my right eye has healed well. Pre-surgery of my left eye, I was diagnosed of secondary glaucoma and I also had staphyloma. Post surgery my pressure in left eye increased to 30 and did not come down even after trying various drops.its 1 month past surgery and I was sugested to undergo Diode CPC. I have vision a lot in left eye and im now told that my optic nerve has been damaged. Im in a very difficult phase of life. My right eye has +10.75 Power and im wearing thick glasses. Please suggest me what alternatives are there for me. Also, im a suitable for IOL OR ICL surgery at least for my right eye.

Thank you.

Answer
Dear Mr Khan,

Yes, you seem to have undergone some major vision related issues.

Unfortunately glaucoma rarely affects only one eye, and you will need to follow up regularly to ensure that the unaffected eye remains healthy.

With a high plus power, it also is rather difficult to find the correct procedure for you. IOL / ICL all have limitations.

Only an A Scan tests and other measurements can determine what best power can be used.

Optic nerve damage is irreversible. and hence, optic nerve of the good eye also needs to be seen.

Seeing all this, only a good eye specialist can guide you best.

Best
Dr Shroff

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS