Ophthalmology & Optometry/Stinging/Sore Eye Pain With New Frames

Question
Hello Dr. Berger, I recently got new glasses and they are making my eyes feel sore/stinging after some hours of wearing them. They do not fit tight and I have had them adjusted perfectly. The prescription is also the same it has always been. The only difference is I use to wear Silhouette Rimless glasses which are very light and the new glasses are the plastic Rayban frames. I'm thinking that I'm not use to the slightly more heavy frames but my face does not hurt it is only the eyes. Do you have any idea what the problem could be. Thanks for your time.

Answer
There are a number of things that could be causing your ocular discomfort with your new glasses.  Some of the possibilities are the size of the new frame as compared to your previous one; the inter pupillary distance of the two lenses or the optical centers not proper; the slant or angle of the frame on your face; the base curves could be different; the thickness of the lens; and finally the actual prescription, eg the lens
Design , etc.   Have that all checked out.   Good luck.  Dr Berger  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

DR. KENNETH BERGER