Ophthalmology & Optometry/keratoconus

Question
My doctor diagnosed me with Keratoconus yesterday.. I am 18 years old.. He suggested me to go for laser that it will stop progression of Keratoconus.. Will it stop progression? He then said that he will insert some rings into my eyes to correct vision.. Will my vision be corrected after inserting rings? Are there any side effects of rings? If I rubbed my eyes having rings in them will it result any complications? Kindly answer me soon.. And must tell me about laser that will my disease stop progressing after laser?

Answer
I think your doctor has adviced C3r procedure, if yes! Please go ahead but wait for at least 3 months before thinking of corneal ring and do take second openion.
C3r procedure makes bonding of corneal collegens stronger thus prevents further steepening and thinning.
You will need to wear spectacles or RGP contact lenses for visual correction.

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Optom. Amit Sharma