Ophthalmology & Optometry/brown moving spot on eye

I am asking this question for my 73 year old brother, he's not the greatest with a computer & his at this time is acting up.
So i am asking this for him, he told me that out of the blue, his right eye, started having a moving brownish spot, that seems to move around from left to right, but not yet in the center of his eye.
He says that it is very annoying to say the least, i feel badly for him, what could be causing this.
He went to two different Dr's, they told him, that it's incurable & that it's just a part of the aging process for some people.
Is this truly the case, must he have to live with this annoyance for the rest of his life, or is there something that helps it to go away & at times he does have high cholesterol, if this helps.

Dear Melody,

He has received the correct information from the eye doctors.
The spot that he refers to sounds most likely to be a 'floater'.
This has nothing to do with his cholesterol or any other systemic disease.
The 'floaters' are harmless, more of nuisance value, and they settle down with time, or one gets used to it.

There is no treatment for the same, as it is not a pathology.

However, some tips may benefit...do read more about this on

Hope this helps,

Anand Shroff

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I can answer any question on eye care, expertise in Laser eye surgery, LASIK, Epi LASIK, cataract, glaucoma, keratoconus- corneal collagen crosslinking.

OF LASIK, we are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures. I train doctors worldwide for these wavefront procedures, our centre is the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see http://www.shroffeye.org and www.lasikindia.in