Ophthalmology & Optometry/asigmatism pin hole patch

Question
Dr Schroff
I have astigmatism because of corneal transplants. It is corrected by contacts. However I recently had cataract removal surgery and that eye was fitted with an interocularlense . I am not permitted to where a new contact in that eye for four weeks.My vision in the operated on eye is good when I do the pin hole vision test. Do you know if one can get an eye patch that has the pin holes in it or will I need to make one myself? If a commercially made pin hole patch is available were can I purchase one. Thank you for your time.
Ron

Answer
Dear Ron,
Yes, it will take you a month at least to start being able to use the contact lenses.
However, it would be best not to attempt anything home-made with regards to a patch. The pin hole is just a test. This test determines that you will be able to see clearly, albeit after the healing period.

Please wait it out patiently and use eye drops prescribed.

Your case is sensitive being a previous corneal transplant, so you may take a while to see clearly, however, I advise that you only follow what advise has been handed to you by your treating surgeons and use the eye drops as per schedule.

I know that it may be a trying period for you, but hang in there.
Hope this helps,

Best

Dr Shroff
www.shroffeye.org

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS