Ophthalmology & Optometry/asigmatism pin hole patch

Dr Schroff
I have astigmatism because of corneal transplants. It is corrected by contacts. However I recently had cataract removal surgery and that eye was fitted with an interocularlense . I am not permitted to where a new contact in that eye for four weeks.My vision in the operated on eye is good when I do the pin hole vision test. Do you know if one can get an eye patch that has the pin holes in it or will I need to make one myself? If a commercially made pin hole patch is available were can I purchase one. Thank you for your time.

Dear Ron,
Yes, it will take you a month at least to start being able to use the contact lenses.
However, it would be best not to attempt anything home-made with regards to a patch. The pin hole is just a test. This test determines that you will be able to see clearly, albeit after the healing period.

Please wait it out patiently and use eye drops prescribed.

Your case is sensitive being a previous corneal transplant, so you may take a while to see clearly, however, I advise that you only follow what advise has been handed to you by your treating surgeons and use the eye drops as per schedule.

I know that it may be a trying period for you, but hang in there.
Hope this helps,

Dr Shroff

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I can answer any question on eye care, expertise in Laser eye surgery, LASIK, Epi LASIK, cataract, glaucoma, keratoconus- corneal collagen crosslinking.

OF LASIK, we are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures. I train doctors worldwide for these wavefront procedures, our centre is the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see http://www.shroffeye.org and www.lasikindia.in