Ophthalmology & Optometry/Eye Symptom

Question
I am a 31 year old female with an astigmatism.  For the past 3-4 days I have been experiencing what feels like sporadic involuntary eye crossing.  I don't see double when it happens.  My eyes don't literally go cross eyed, either.  It's just that I have found the sensation very difficult to describe, otherwise. It happens all throughout the day and SEEMS to last anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes.  Again, it's hard to tell/explain.  I tried covering one eye at a time and found that the vision in my right eye is much more blurred than the left.  I got my first and last pair of glasses when I was 12 years old.  I don't wear them anymore.  Any idea on what The cause may be? Thank you!

Answer
Hi Katie,
Sorry I don't have much help for you.  It could be nothing or it could be something, as they say.  so you should go to the eye doctor for an exam, preferably when it is happening. You've done some good checks as far as the double vision goes and also noting the blur which may be the astigmatism or something worse.  If you have any other symptoms suggestive of stroke, like weakness, numbness, slurred speech, confusion, etc, then it's 911 time..
Best,
Mitch Axelrod, OD

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Mitchell Axelrod