Ophthalmology & Optometry/QUESTION ADVANCEMENTS WET MACULAR DEGENERATION

Question
Dr. Berger hi my elderly parent has wet macular degeneration. She now gets Eylea shots which can become a psychological burden.   I see there are a number of advancements on the horizon including eye drops by OHR PHARMACEUTICALS.   My question to you do you see anything that will be comming out in the near future that will be benificial to these patients. Thank you for taking the time. I appreciate your help Ken.

Answer
EYlea, Lucentis, and Avastin are just some of the new "Veg-F " class of drugs, used intraocularly, to slow down the progression of wet macular degeneration. In many cases, there are reversals . New drugs are on the horizon and the best medications are used
To combat wet ARMD.   I cannot comment on drugs not yet released.  Dr Berger  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

DR. KENNETH BERGER