Ophthalmology & Optometry/contact lense base curve

Question
I'm a 45 year old male and I use Air Optix mono vision contact lenses to correct my astigmatism and myopia. My right eye measurement for astigmatism is -1.75 and left eye is -.75, my right eye myopia measurement is -1.50 and left eye is -1.25, my add power is +1.75 for both eyes. I want to switch to Proclear multifocal toric contacts which are only available in a base curve of 8.4 and 8.8, (MY BASE CURVE IS 8.6). This Proclear multifocal toric contacts are not available in my country, therefore,I can not get fitted for them by my I doctor, but I can order them through the internet. Before I order them I would like for you to please recommend the base curve I should use 8.4 or 8.8? Keep in mind that I presently use 8.6 base curve. I would like to thank you in advance for your recommendation and help.

Answer
Dear George,

Contact lenses are not a fashion accessores , they are a medical device , buying contact lenses online sometimes may be very risky to the health of your eyes.
Multifocal contact lenses require many other tests , like checking for the dominant eye etc. Nevertheless for proclear you should opt for 8.80 BC .

Regards

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Optom. Amit Sharma