Ophthalmology & Optometry/Eye irritation

Question

Last week I noticed my contacts were sticking to my eyes when I took them out at night. I have high myopia. My contact precription is a -12.0 for my left eye and -11.50 for my right eye. I wear Acuvue Oasys contacts with hydraclear plus. I clean my contact each night with Clear Care. I am 37 years old and have worn contacts since age 12 so I am very comfortable with them. I prefer contacts to glasses because I see slightly better with them. I gave my eyes a break and wore my glasses both Saturday and Sunday. I wore my contacts today and they did not stick to my eye but my eyes feel slightly irritated. They are not red, but they burn a little bit. Both eyes feel slightly irritated. Should I change my contact even though it has not been two weeks? Should I call my optometrist for an appointment? Should I call an ophthamologist? My eyes are not red and they only feel slightly irritated, but they have been irritated the last four or five days. I was wondering if maybe heaters being on has been causing drying out my eyes (this has never happened before)? Maybe my contacts are damaged in some way? I do not know how seriously to take my eyes feeling like this. I know I need to observe my eyes more closer than other people due to having high myopia because I am at a greater risk for other eye issues. My eyes have always been very healthy though my last eye exam was in March, so it has been a awhile since they have been examined.

Thank you,
Annie

Answer
Yes Annie  you should see your eye doctor especially if it's been a while it's possible you have a dry eyes it's possible you have a minor infection it is also possible that you need to beef it was different lenses let the doctor make the assessment and the evaluation and the treatment plan. Good luck

Ophthalmology & Optometry

DR. KENNETH BERGER