Ophthalmology & Optometry/cataract surgery

Hello Dr. Kenneth

Could you please advise what should be the correct time for cataract surgery ? I am having cataract in my right eye. I am 43 years old.My eye doctor has advised me to go in for surgery if I feel uncomfortable in my day to day activities.

I have been using prescription glasses since childhood. Now without the prescription glasses, my vision in the right eye is blurred. But when I put on my glasses, the vision gets corrected.

My query is, that as long as my vision gets corrected by wearing the glasses, is it ok to postpone the surgery ?

Thanks and Regards,

Yes as long as your vision is corrected with eyeglasses and you are happy with the results, you can postpone surgery  if however, you become symptomatic, i.e.  Experience difficulty reading small print or see foggy or blurry or indistinct , or get shadows, starburst, or excessive glare at night, then cataract surgery should be performed.  Hope this helps. Dr Berger     Sam. If they were prescribed for the laptop then just use them for the laptop. Make sense?

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry