Ophthalmology & Optometry/Eye Disease.

Dear Dr Kenneth

Are there eye diseases where the person is unable to view any colors except White and Black color?. I. E Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Violet etc

If yes or no, What is the biological or Medical reason behind?.

Yes it's very rare but is possible. It's called achromatopsia where the cones in the retina are defective and no color vision is perceived - only black and white and shades of grey. It is genetic and the defect is carried on the X chromosome, and is passed on to males.  There is no treatment.  Dr Berger

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry