Ophthalmology & Optometry/Occular NSAID's

Question
Hello-I was wondering what the difference is between Acular and Acular LS.  What would cause a provider to prescribe one over the other?  Does one sting less?  I am also interested in your opinion of which NSAID drops sting less in general. I read that the older ones sting a lot, and newer ones don't, but was unable to find info on which drops are in which category.  Thank you so much!!

Answer
Both eyedrops are topical non-steroidal antiinflammatory Eye drops often use for ocular itching due to allergic conjunctivitis or postoperatively after cataract extraction . The LS is the next generation of Acular and think of it as less strength (LS)  And has 0.4% concentration as opposed to 0.5% concentration in the regular Aculat formula. For many patients this preparation seems to sting and burn  less. Hope this helps. Dr Berger

Ophthalmology & Optometry

DR. KENNETH BERGER