Ophthalmology & Optometry/Occular NSAID's

Hello-I was wondering what the difference is between Acular and Acular LS.  What would cause a provider to prescribe one over the other?  Does one sting less?  I am also interested in your opinion of which NSAID drops sting less in general. I read that the older ones sting a lot, and newer ones don't, but was unable to find info on which drops are in which category.  Thank you so much!!

Both eyedrops are topical non-steroidal antiinflammatory Eye drops often use for ocular itching due to allergic conjunctivitis or postoperatively after cataract extraction . The LS is the next generation of Acular and think of it as less strength (LS)  And has 0.4% concentration as opposed to 0.5% concentration in the regular Aculat formula. For many patients this preparation seems to sting and burn  less. Hope this helps. Dr Berger

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry