Ophthalmology & Optometry/weird ??

Question
Hi I was watching tv with my family tonight and I saw in my vision  (close to my nose if you can understand ) 2 gold strands. It happened twice when I tilted my head to the left . Sort of like when you have gold make up on the bridge of your nose and look at it. I have had floaters since the age of 20 now 30. No history of eye issues in my family. It hasn't happened again but I am worried . Should I wait and see if it happens again. It's 10.00 at night here . So scared

Personal history : migraines ( with aura)
Hashimotos

Answer
Dear Anta,

If the symptoms you have mentioned were followed by headache, it may be related to migraine with aura. People with migraine with aura usually complain of dizziness, ringing in the ears or seeing zigzag lines followed by headache. Or else Just ignore this, It would either be the floaters in your eyes or the image of your hair or eye lashes too close to your eyes,out of focus which might have given an impression of gold strands.

Regards

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Optom. Amit Sharma