Ophthalmology & Optometry/Eye pressure

Question
If pressure in the eye was to rise say from hanging up side down or leaning over something for a short or long period of time ,could the high pressure have an effect on the pigments in the iris ,causing a change in eye/iris color? Basically can high eye pressure cause eye color change?

Answer
Dear Mathew,

Iris color is determined by the pigment called Melanin in the iris.   I don`t think eye color changes due to hanging up side down.
However it does appear to change a bit with change in the pupil diameter . Some medical conditions also change color of the iris temporarily.  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Optom. Amit Sharma