Ophthalmology & Optometry/Question

Question
Hello, how are you going? :-) I have a question about cataracts. How long does it take for a person to go blind if they have a cataract? If they get the cataract removed after that, would they be able to see again? Thanks heaps for your time :-)

Answer
Dear Christina,
Hyper mature cataract lens becomes very hard and can lead to closure angle  Glaucoma.  A very dense cataract causes blindness. Once it is removed , full vision can be restored. But cataract should be removed before it gets matured otherwise it would be difficult to perform pheco and implant intra ocular lens.  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Optom. Amit Sharma