Ophthalmology & Optometry/Ball of light cyrves at peripheral vision

Eye floater illus.
Eye floater illus.  
Sometimes I have these "balls of light" curve downward in my peripheral vision. I don't know if they're considered an ocular migraine though. I'm 16, I have many floaters, dark stringy to be exact. They're like in the image but much more shorter. I went through the dilated eye exam and suprisingly, the doctor did not see any floaters, I don't know if her diagnosis makes me feel relieved or more paranoid. I'm scared, these balls appear occassionaly but like happens 2-3 times a day. I use my gadgets a lot if that contributes to anything
Thank you

Ocular migraine can indeed cause these peripheral flashes of light that you're experiencing. also vitreous traction or separation can cause tugging on the retina and can contribute to the perception of light flashes .if your
ophthalmologist or optometrist examined the interior part of your eyes and  found the retina to be intact with no tears or detachment then do not worry

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry