Ophthalmology & Optometry/New Multifocal contac lenses

Question
Hello.
I was fitted for my first pair of multifocal lenses 2 weeks ago.(Air Optix Aqua.)Prior to that I had worn regular contac lenses for decades.
The trial pair of multifocals felt good right off the bat.Very comfortable and I was excited to read without reading glasses!
My question is this.I notice my far vision is a bit blurry as compared to the reading prescription.Nothing terrible but that seemed to be the case 2 weeks ago even with the trial pair.
Is it possible that is just something I have to accept with this type lens? I wish the far vision was a touch clearer but still am very happy that I got this type.
Thankyou for any info.

Answer
Mandy,
Congrats on your new lenses! It is not unusual to notice a mild blur at a distance when using multifocal contact lenses.  It is sometimes possible to decrease this, but typically at the expense of making your near vision slightly less clear.  If it's tolerable, I would leave it alone - it will tend to improve over time.
Good Luck!
Dr.D

Ophthalmology & Optometry

John M. Dovie, OD, FAAO