Ophthalmology & Optometry/Allergy in Eyes-Glaucoma patient

My wife had NA Glaucoma 10 years ago & was operated in 2004/5 including Cataracts.
Her IOP is 6/16mm Hg in LE,with Travacom once at night.

She has frequent problems of allergy due to Sinustitis on Right side.
Sometimes it causes pressure & pain on RE.

Would you like to comment whether it has some adverse effect of Optic nerves &/or bleb.
She uses Pataday eye drop & Allegra 120mg.when prescribed.
When her nose starts running & if get blocked on using Laveta M she has headache.

Kindly comment & oblige.
We have anxiety for sustaining her present level of vision(DRe-6/9 & DLe-6/12) as she is 69.
Your opinion will be highly apprecaited.
Warm regards,

The glaucoma and her allergies are unrelated unless she has allergic or hypersensitivity reactions to the topical eyedrops she uses . You
May want to discuss this with her prescribing eye doctor to see if there are other drops which may produce less side effects.  Further , if the sinus and allergy problems are the cause of her symptoms , this must be treated by her primary , or ear , nose , throat specialist   Good luck  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry