Ophthalmology & Optometry/Cataracts

Question
Hi I'm a 60 year old female who has cataracts in both eyes.  I'm scheduled for surgery next week to have the right eye implanted with an IOL.  I'm scheduled to have the left eye operated 2 weeks later.  The Surgeon decided since my right eye is a lazy eye that I get a regular IOL in that eye and my left eye get a Toric lens.  My goal after surgery is to need glasses for up close work but not for distance.  I did have lasik surgery on both eyes in 2008 and had good vision w/o glasses for about 5 years.  My vision since has regressed somewhat and I wear glasses for reading and distance.  Vision is still much better after lasik.  The surgeon who will be doing the cataract surgery is the same surgeon that did the lasik.  I heard that it is more difficult surgery because the cornea may have abbrerations which could cause the calculations to be off with fixing the refractive error.  Plus now I read that because the Acrysof toric lens is yellow this could cause a problem with the right eye not seeing the same colors as the left.  I'm I reading to much stuff on the internet or are these true facts.  I'm thinking about postponing the surgery until I can get some answers. Thank you

Answer
Since I am neither a cataract or Lasik surgeon your questions would be better answered by asking a refractive  and cataract surgeon . for  it is always a good idea to get a second or even third opinion and have all your questions answered prior to your surgery . The surgeons who are experts with the procedures can better advise you as to the outcome that can be reasonably expected  The surgeons who are experts with the procedures can better advise you as to the outcome that can be reasonably expected .  In any event good luck with your procedure
Im
sure you'll do just fine   Dr Berger  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

DR. KENNETH BERGER