Ophthalmology & Optometry/Broken Blood Vessel

I felt sudden burst in my Right eye for a second with minor pain, I started scratching my eye then I looked in the mirror and found some minor redness, I checked again after 1 hour and the redness reduced, I looked closely and found a thin blood vessel in the white area looks like broken, when I move my eye the blood vessel moves with the movement from its place but not bleeding and no pain at all.

I checked on the net and found no treatment required.  I am afraid if the broken blood vessel cause any damage. My age is 43, by blood pressure is normal 85/125, I am not diabetic but my cholesterol level is border line.

Your advice will be highly appreciated, Thanks.

Superficial blood vessels on the eye that break or rupture is in most cases totally harmless. They're called sub conjunctival hemorrhages and resolve totally within a week to ten days without treatment. They can occur spontaneously from bending over, sneezing, coughing, lifting, exercising, etc  In some cases, hypertension, or taking blood thinners is the culprit.  Warm compresses on the eye may help resolution   Dr Berger  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry