Ophthalmology & Optometry/blepharitis

Question
Thanks for service. I noticed some mild crushing of the eye lids blepharitis and did some googling looked like blepharitis . Did the baby shampoo this morning got a bit in my eye (it hurt a bit )and since thenI have intermittent blurry eye .

Other symptoms : feeling of something in eye/burning sensation etc. What should I do ? did the shampoo irritate it further?

Answer
Anta,

Thank you so much for the question. Occasional mild crusting isn't a major issue in an otherwise health individual. The shampoo can have a very different PH than your eye and be an irritant. The good news is that is is likely nothing serious. If I experienced the irritation, mild crusting, AND blurry vision, I would see an eye doctor. If it is an infection you want to treat it early, like any disease or illness, and understand what caused it.

Here in the US we have Doctors of Optometry. They are not medical doctors (MD's) but on the whole are much better trained and have greater hands on experience than a doctor who does surgery or who has a general medical practice. A further distinction from other optical trades and professions would be that unlike an optician, or maker and fitter, of eyeglasses, lenses, and frames, optometrists can prescribe and teat various diseases of the eye.

I personally would see an optometrist for any eye related injury that didn't require a trip to the emergency room of a hospital. They are fantastic value for the money they charge and can do way more than most people realize.  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Robert Sobotor LDO