Ophthalmology & Optometry/Eye glasses

A year ago I (age 60) went to an eye doctor.  I was given a new prescription for glasses. When it was filled and I put the eyeglasses on the prescription was too strong. So instead of getting re-examined the owner of the eye glass store made me new lenses less strong.

The entire year I felt very queasy is this due to the fact that I may be wearing glasses that are not made for my vision.

I have to take off my glasses when I am reading and sewing, and similar activities.

It sounds like you're on eyeglass prescription is not suitable for you . my recommendation is that you get rechecked by either the same doctor or another doctor and if you are over 40 and are nearsighted with or without astigmatism ,you will see better when you take your glasses off for reading, paperwork computer work, sewing etc. unless you wear Bifocal or progressive lenses that will enable you to see distance, intermediate ,and close up with one pair of glasses without having to take them off .I hope I clarified that for you.  Dr Berger

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry