Ophthalmology & Optometry/Please tell me if this can happen

A year ago I (age 60) went to an eye doctor.  I was given a new prescription for glasses. When it was filled and I put the eyeglasses on the prescription was too strong. So instead of getting re-examined the owner of the eye glass store made me new lenses less strong.

The entire year I felt very queasy is this due to the fact that I may be wearing glasses that are not made for my vision.

I have to take off my glasses when I am reading and sewing, and similar activities.

You can wear glasses for many years and never feel uncomfortable with any of the new prescriptions. They could each feel more comfortable than the last pair and continually improve your vision, or not. There are many things that can cause a new prescription to feel uncomfortable while still being the correct prescription for you. I would go to your eye doctor and explain your symptoms and let them explain to you the cause so that you have an understanding of what is causing the symptoms.

The optician is not allowed to change your refraction they are not trained or licensed to do that unless under the direct supervision of a licensed optometrist or ophthalmologist.

I am confident that your eye doctor can resolve this for you.  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Robert Sobotor LDO

Eye Glasses: fit, adjustment, and function Frames and Lenses: materials, benefits, limitations,progressive vs. bi-focal and adaptation Contact Lenses: tips on wearing, insertion and removal, comfort and proper cleaning and care Visual Complaints: Whether you have a history of unresolved visual complaints, never had a pair of glasses “feel right” or “I saw better out of my old pair” I can help troubleshoot visual complaints resulting from new glasses by determining, based on your observations and feelings, what the likely causes are and explaining them to you in a way that gives you a clear understanding and a shorter adaptation period. Contact lens Care: Tips and suggestions that I have used to teach first time contact lens wearers, even pre-teen and adolescent children, to quickly give them the skills and confidence to put in and remove their contact lenses. Tips on getting them in fast in the morning and out quickly at night without having that itchy feeling when you remove them. I can explain to you the makeup of the tear layer and how it can directly affect the comfort of your contacts based on little thing like computer use, heating and air in the car and office, that cloudy afternoon vision or dry feeling later in the day. Lens Recommendation: Based on your prescription I can advise what lens materials and designs are best suited to your needs and which ones to avoid as well as direction on frames designs that would complement the selection. Proper Frame Adjustment: I can help identify the problems associated with painful glasses that pinch, or squeeze. I can help you avoid getting a pair of glasses that constantly slide down your nose no matter how many times you get them adjusted. I can teach you what to look for in a frame that is right for you. I can explain how to look for a good quality frame that is not the most expensive in the room. I cannot diagnosis disease, prescribe or offer price specific advice or information.

My background is as a Licensed Optician with over twenty years experience. I have had industry-specific work published and held management positions with the largest optical retailing companies. I have had operational oversight of the dispensaries of both Ophthalmologists and Optometrists I have also held management positions in optical manufacturing to include specialty design RGP's and surface manufacturing, lens coating, and edging of spectacle lenses. My bench work, adjustment and repair, is in the tradition of the Guild opticians - focused on quality. I am proficient in all facets of eyewear, spectacle and Rigid Gas Permeable contact lens manufacture and modification. I provide an extension of the doctor’s standard of care throughout the entire dispensing process as I work with the patient to understand their diagnosis and develop the best solution toward remediation.

Eye Care Professional Magazine The Price Bluff- Relationship based business Size Matters- The application of ANSI standards

Licensed Dispensing Optician 1991 The American Board of Opticianry (ABO) certified 1990 National Contact Lens Examiners (NCLE) certificated 1991 Georgia State University 87-88 Oglethorpe University 03-04

Lens Crafters Presidents Pin for outstanding customer service