Ophthalmology & Optometry/Macular Degeneration.

Dear Sir,
My friend's wife is having Wet Amd in right eye.
The progress of illness  was stopped by injections (the name of medicine is Lucentis). In left eye there is so called dry form, being in beginning state. As I understand there is no the another method of medical treatment of this issue,except injection only.May I request if any eventual alternative procedure of treatment of her illness is available!

Would you like to suggest any precaution to combat against Dry AMD in LE.

She is periodivally monitored by a specialist but your reponse will be of great help,as she is worried about deterioration in Vision.
Kindly respond & oblige.
With warm regards,

The current standard of care  for wet armd is frequent monitoring by OCT testing and fluoresce in angiography and intraocular injections with Avastin, Lucentis, or Eylea  In both cases wearing UV Polaroid sunglasses outdoors, checking vision on the Amsler Grid, adding antioxidants, green leafy vegetables, fruit, and AReds formula vitamins can often slow down the progression of the disease , like Aredium, Ocuvite, Preservision   Hope this helps

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry