Ophthalmology & Optometry/Side effects

Question
Hello Sir,
        I am 35 years old male from India.I have to use high numbered glasses(-6).I work in shifts so many times I have trouble falling asleep,moreover recently I have been told by my doctor that I have sleep apnea which has been giving me trouble to sleep as well.So in the night or in the day to fall asleep I drink a cough syrup with diphenahydramine named cofryl.It soothes my throat and helps to sleep.But recently I have heard that it can cause some problems for eyes.Could you please advise whether it is adverse for me?

Answer
The meds you're on is classified as an antihistamine .  The common side effects are dry eyes,  blurry vision, pupillary dilation, and contact lens intolerance. The rarer less common side effect is angle closure glaucoma .  Check with your doctor. Good luck

Ophthalmology & Optometry

DR. KENNETH BERGER