Ophthalmology & Optometry/Headache

Hello Dr Kenneth

My son is 29 years old he tested his eyes 3 months back. Before his eyesight was (-.075 spherical and -0.25 cylindrical) and when he tested his eyes there months back it was (-1.75 sph and -1.25 cyl) he is having lot of headache. We tested it from an other doctor he recommended changing it to (-1.25 sph and -1.75 cyl) then the headache increased more can you please guide me what to do after so many consultations and changing glasses there is no difference.

Pleaes help me

Thank you

Fatema Marvi

If the headaches persist even after the eyeglasses are worn, there might be other reasons that must be ascertained. For example, migraine, sinus infection, allergies, etc can cause headache.  Your son needs a workup by a primary care physician or a neurologist. Don't be surprised if an MRI is requested to rule out intracranial pathology. The location , pattern, frequency, and severity of the headaches will be significant in the history. Also certain foods, like aged cheese, nuts, food dye, sugar, smoking, chocolate, coffee, tea, alcohol, soda, have all been implicated as being causative factors which can trigger headaches. .  Hope this helps,  Good luck

Dr Berger

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry