Ophthalmology & Optometry/Spot on eyelid

Spot on lid
Spot on lid  
I have this spot on eyelid that has been there about a year.  It started as a flat yellowish spot and it has grown .  It looks to get swollen or filled up and then goes down but never disappears.  It does not hurt just annoying when it gets puffy.   I poked it once and nothing comes I out.  What could it be?

From the pic,  it looks likes a  benign xanhelasma but should be biopsied and removed   The surgical excision is simple and painless for the most part.  Good luck

Ps often times xanthelasma are deposits of plaques formed on the eyelids when there is hyperlipidemia, elevated cholesterol, fats, in the bloodstream  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry