Ophthalmology & Optometry/Itchy lash line, lashes falling

Hi Dr.Axelrod, I have been noticing my eyelashes falling constantly for the past three months... I used to have full long lashes and now I have empty patches on my lash line.. I also noticed my lash line is itchy  and flaky..  I would like to know what to do to stop my lashes from falling before I loose them completely.. I would appreciate your advice!

Hello Else,
You'll need the advice and exam of an eye doctor.  It may be simple blepharitis or infection and require some treatment but the eyelids need to be examined carefully. Always consider any new or different cosmetics, soaps, exposures, etc. and keep the eyelids and lashes clean.
Thank you,
Mitch Axelrod, OD

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Mitchell Axelrod

I'm happy to answer questions about eye exam findings and procedures, glasses and contact lens types/prescriptions/problems. I can also answer questions about general eye conditions/diseases. I do not answer questions concerning surgical techniques/procedures. Please state your age or within a small range when asking questions, as it is often important.

Optometrist 19 yrs.

Doctor of Optometry, cum laude; Residency in Ocular Disease