Ophthalmology & Optometry/Acuvue Oasys with Hydraluxe vs. Dailies Total 1

Question
If you had to recommend one dally wear lens, which would you recommend?

Thanks, John

Answer
John,
Thank you for the question. With contact lens selection there are very few things I can be sure of in this forum. In order to properly advise you on contact lens selections I’d have to know many more things than I could ascertain without the benefit of a full examination of your eyes.

When a doctor make a recommendation, I am not a doctor, it is based on not only what conditions exist currently in your eye but what, if any, are anticipated and what the goal is, among many others. For some people fit is the difficulty, others acuity, others allergies, the list really is long.

Generally speaking a one day lens, which is actually worn for just one day and disposed of, is the healthiest choice if it meets your visual requirements. Time after time I see patients who come in with eye problems that are almost always in direct proportion to how much the fail to follow the doctor’s directions on cleaning and wear time.  So if daily lenses were an option I’d choose daily lenses.  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Robert Sobotor LDO