Ophthalmology & Optometry/Contact lens makes other eye blurry

Question
Dear Mr. Berger, just a brief history. I had laser eye surgery on both eyes for distances. Eight months later I had eye enhancement on both eye and the left eye was good with clear vision. My right eye was blurred the day after and has not improved so now 14 months later I have to wear one contact lens in my right eye for clear vision in that eye. Before the contact lens my left eye was the stronger of the two and I could see distance fairly good with that eye.

Since I have used a contact lens in my right eye, my right eye is very clear how ever this has effected my clear vision in my left eye which is now blurred and my over all vision is more blurred than clear.

Just after the eye enhancement my right eye which is my dominant eye was blurry and even though my left eye was good my over all vision was blurred because of my right eye over powering the left. I was like this for over a year and could feel and see the change in my left eye as it got worse.

Question: Now that I have a contact lens in my right eye only and for distance vision that is now clear "Will my left eye come around and get better with time" This would be the opposite of what happened to my eyes after the enhancement. The brain can do wonderful things and I'm hoping that since my left got worse because of my blurred right eye that now my left eye will get better stronger clear vision because of my right eye seeing 20/20 with the contact lens.

Thank you............Dave

Answer
Dave.  It is Dr Berger not Mr Berger
As far as your question is concerned, it is possible , as you are correct , the brain can adapt in ways that one does not expect . We are now noticing that the exact outcome of laser eye surgery cannot always be precisely predicted. Additionally , many patients get regression after years and either require further enhancement and modification , eyeglasses, or contact lenses . And once in the 40s, will
Probably need reading corrective glasses, Further, many still get glare, halos, and blurry vision at night.  Hope this helps.  Good luck
Dr Berger

Ophthalmology & Optometry

DR. KENNETH BERGER