Ophthalmology & Optometry/Cataract

I had cataract surgery on a Thursday came home with the patch on went to bed and in middle of night had severe pain...tried opening and closing eye but pain was so severe
Next morning had post op appt and doctor said I had a scratch on lens.
He doesn't know how I got it because I didn't rub my eye since I had the patch on at night and that's when the pain started.
Its been 3 days now and it getting a LITTLE better but still feel
like something is in eye plus both eyes are running like a faucet.
Will this scratch heal on its own and will the eye running stop.
Oh I also had dry eye before the surgery

Dry eye patients are more prone to abrasions .  Did your eye surgeon recommend a bandage contact lens until you heal?  Continue the post op meds as prescribed and in between doseages use your artificial tears.  You should be improving a bit each day .  Hopefully your vision is clearer now.   You'll see your doc for the one week post op.  Discuss any concerns with him or her.   Dr Berger  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry